Please Read and Acknowledge Notice
It is your responsibility to know what you are purchasing and the associated laws to the tax sale process.
There are NO REFUNDS. All sales are final.
- Be sure you have researched the properties you intend to purchase. There may be some properties with federal, state, or other liens, hazardous conditions, or that are considered common areas. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to research the property fully and understand how those conditions may impact your purchase.
- Non-tax liens or other obligations on the property may not be extinguished at the time of purchase or during any redemption period. We advise you to consult your attorney about liens and/or deeds of trust, etc. (RSMo 140.240)
- It is the responsibility of Fourth Sale Purchaser to understand the statutes associated with purchasing a fourth sale property. Since a court's interpretation of state statutes overrules any interpretation by the Collector's Office. The Collector cannot answer legal questions and no opinion of the Collector should be considered as legal advise.
- Payment of Fourth Sale Properties purchased must be paid between 120 and 150 days following the request to purchase in Collector's Office or said sale will be invalidated. In addition to the purchase amount, we will be collecting $27 on each parcel purchased for the Collector's Deed Recording Fee. In addition, there is a $35 processing fee payable to the Collector's Office.
- There is a 120 day redemption period starting from the day you request to purchase the Fourth Sale Property. After this period, you will be eligible to obtain a Collector's Deed if you meet the qualifications listed below. Failure of the purchaser to obtain a Collector's Deed by the 150th day will result in the property being offered for sale to others.
What you will need to turn into the Collector's Office to obtain a Collector's Deed:
- prior to applying for Collector's Deed you must have a Title Search Report conducted by a licensed attorney or licensed title search company.
- WITHIN THE NEXT 30 DAYS purchaser shall notify the owners of record and any persons who hold a publicly recorded unreleased deed of trust, mortgage, lease, lien, judgement, or any other publicly recorded claim upon that real estate of such person's right to redeem the property.
- Notification must be by BOTH First Class Mail AND First Class Certified Mail with Return Receipt Requested.
- If BOTH First Class Mail and First Class Certified Mail is returned undeliverable, you will need to attempt additional notification.
- If you have not met the requirements set forth in Statute 140.405, you will lose ALL interest in the property and monies paid. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Copy of ALL envelopes for First Class and First Class Certified notices as they appear immediately before mailing with certified stickers attached. It is purchasers responsibility to prove the date notices were sent and the names and addresses of where the notices were sent.
- Copy of ACTUAL letter that was sent out for notice.
- ALL returned original First Class Mail AND First Class Certified Mail unopened or signed return receipt cards (green).
- Original Receipts for First Class Mailing AND First Class Certified Mail Postage
- Original Title Search and Title Search PAID receipt
- Documentation and receipts of attempts at additional notification.
- Affidavit stating that you have performed all requirements to obtain Collector's Deed. This Affidavit will be mailed to you the next year and you will need to have it notarized when signed.
- Pay Taxes, Recording and Collection Fee. (Recording fee is $27 each which will collected as part of the Fourth Sale Purchase close out. Fourth Sale properties are $35 for Collector's Processing Fees.
All references to Missouri State Statutes above are also links to the associated Missouri State Statute website.
By clicking below you are acknowledging that you have read and understand the information above. Failure to conform to the information above may result in loss of all monies paid and invalidation of purchase.
This will forward you to a PDF which must be printed and brought with you the day of the auction!
Acknowledge and Register as Fourth Sale Purchaser